- USA: 1 855 254 8911
- CAN: 1 800 15006484
- Mexico: 01 800 999 0560
- Cancun: 998 881 3034
- How To get to Selvatica?
Black Friday VS Buen Fin: Amazing Deals, Similiarities and Differences.
Behold, one of the busiest days of the year for malls and shopping centers. Black Friday. People camp out, to tear stores to shreds, ruthlessly looking for their ideal items.
Learn more about the national holiday AND find out the differences between Black Friday VS. Buen Fin which is in Mexico.
There's no specific data on when the day after Thanksgiving turned into America's biggest annual shopping spree, but we do know that:
- Black Friday's unofficial start dates back to the 19th century, as Abe Lincoln designated Thanksgiving to the last Thursday in November.
- Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, anywhere from November 23rd to 29th.
- The actual Black Friday term originated in Philadelphia, on a crisis of 1869: a stock market catastrophe set off by gold spectators who tried and failed to corner the gold market, causing the market to collapse and stocks to plummet.
- “Black” refers to stores moving from the “red” to the “black,” back when accounting records were kept by hand, and red ink indicated a loss, and black a profit.
So basically when store-owners/ retailers realized how drawn people were to the buzz, they created strategies to lure clients of all kinds... Whether you are one of the brave campers, or you prefer to skip the craze and shop at home, Black Friday will get you.
Now, you must be asking yourself what is "Buen Fin" when we said that we'd talk about the differences and similarities between Black Friday VS. Buen Fin. Let's get to it.
This is called the Black Friday's younger sister tradition, here's all you need to know about Buen Fin:
- "Buen Fin" literally translates to Good Weekend.
- Buen Fin had it's first edition in 2011, from November 18th to 21st.
- 106 thousands of millions of pesos were made on the first edition.
- Now it's celebrated halfway through November and it's purpose started as to "reboot" the economy.
- Buen Fin lasts 4 days, whereas Black Friday lasts only one.
- As far as seasons go, Buen Fin was planned to be held before Black Friday and Christmas.
- Another BIG difference is the intention and reason for the shopping dates. In Mexico Buen Fin is thought to be an economical aid for those in need of help year-long, meanwhile, Black Friday caters to Christmas consumption.
- Gains are also out of balance when the U.S gained 60 billion dollars Mexico had 10 billion dollars less to their favor.
Black Friday VS. Buen Fin
Now that you know about these great opportunities to catch unique deals, we want to advise you briefly on how to make the most out of it.
- Have a planned budget: IF you find a once-in-a-lifetime deal, you can go out of said budget, if not don't bother.
- Spend only the money you have: Don't sign any contracts with imaginary money, you don't want to go home with debt!
- Prioritize: Don't start by going bonkers and buying anything you see on sale, since you'll end up broke. Make sure you have the basics covered, and then think of indulging in personal desires.