Our planet is in DANGER.
Because deforestation is happening at an alarming rate.
But guess what?
We can do something about it AND embark on the Cancun adventure of your life.
We’re going to show you 3 things in this article.
- First, we’ll explain what’s wrong with our planet as it relates to deforestation.
Remember, before we can solve anything, we must learn what the problem is first.
- Then, we’ll show you exactly what you can do to help save the planet w/ Selvatica!
- And finally, we’ll detail your reward: an EPIC Cancun adventure at Trip Advisor’s #1 Outdoor Activity in Cancun, Selvatica!
Let’s do this!
The Alarming Facts around Deforestation
- Up to 28,000 species may go extinct due to deforestation in the next quarter century
- 28,000 species are at risk of extinction in the next 25 years
- In 15 years, we may only have 10% of rainforests left
- Each year a forest as large as the state of South Carolina is lost every year
- That’s 20 football fields every minute
- Potential cures for diseases are being squandered
- Deforestation speeds up global warming
- Every time a forest is eliminated, an entire ecology of plants and animals go along with it
Why are trees are being cut down?
It can also lead to infertility in the land preventing future growth.
People remove trees for paper or wood.
This is a controversial topic. Some say we need to switch to biofuels to help save the environment.
Others say we haven’t thought this all the way, though. The evidence for this?
The use of palm oil, soy, and ethanol contributes heavily to deforestation.
Did you know this?
In most of the developing world, people use burnt trees as charcoal to heat their homes and cook their food.
Roads & Highways
Because…people need to get places right? This one is a tough one to get around.
People want gold and other precious minerals. This leads to more deforestation.
How does Deforestation Happen?
- First, they cut own the trees.
- Then they burn them, to kill weeds, and fertilize the soil through ashes.
- Finally, they plant their crops.
- Once the soil has become infertile, they move on to another cross-section.
How can you help save the planet w/ Selvatica?
Well, first of all, you can support organizations who participate in corporate social responsibility programs.
Selvatica! Their “Seed of Life Program” has been a major success.
The results of this program?
Each year Selvatica shrinks their carbon footprint by 7.8 million tons of CO2!
How does the Seed of Life Program work?
At the end of your epic adventure, (which we’ll detail below)…
…you’ll place a seed in an expired zipline helmet
…dig a hole in the ground
…place a seed inside
…water the seed
And let mother nature do the rest!
This is how you can help save the planet w/ Selvatica. Little by little, if we all do our part, we can make a difference.
Are you ready for…
Your Reward: an EPIC Outdoor Adventure at Selvatica!
Selvatica is committed to its social responsibility…but it’s also a place where you can have the most incredible outdoor adventure of your life!
Just look at all of the 5 amazing entertainment options available at Selvatica:
Soar through the air like an eagle over a forest canopy!
Selvatica has 5 different ziplines for you to choose from like…
- Superman Zipline (shown above)
- Upside-Down Zipline
- Cenote Splash Zipline
- Glove Control Zipline
- Human Roller-Coaster Zipline
Return to your youth and feel like a kid again!
Is it raining during your Cancun vacation? Don’t worry!
Make the most of it by driving a badass Polaris ATV through the Mayan jungle!
3. Bungee Jumps
YOLO right? Better make the most of it, and live out your bucket list!
4. Hanging Aerial Bridges
Do you want to conquer your fear of heights?
Try Selvatica’s hanging aerial bridges!
Why not end things with a splash?
You see? You can go on an adventure + help save the planet with Selvatica! Remember, help support organizations that take their corporate social responsibility seriously, like Selvatica does.