- USA: 1 855 254 8911
- CAN: 1 800 15006484
- Mexico: 01 800 999 0560
- Cancun: 998 881 3034
- How To get to Selvatica?
15 HONEST TripAdvisor (Selvatica) Reviews – The Good & BadSave time! You don't have to scrawl the depths of TripAdvisor (Selvatica) reviews to get your questions answered with honest feedback from visitors. Who has time for that? To make thing easier for you I rounded up 10 of the best, most honest, and informative reviews from the past few months that cover everything from conquering fears, expensive lockers, and enthusiastic staff.
Overview of TripAdvisor Selvatica ReviewsTripAdvisor is my go-to when it comes to making smart decisions about my travel plans... And it seems the people have spoken! Selvatica was voted Trip Advisor’s #1 Outdoor Activity (and has held on to that title for many years). In this article, we'll discover how has managed to keep a tight grip on it's reigning superior title and why it has earnt other accolades such as one of “the top 5 adventures in the entire world” and “Best Adventure Park in Mexico & Latin America” award. Out of over 6000 reviews, you can see that under 3% of them had something negative to say. This is pretty much unheard of on TripAdvisor so it's already a huge indicator that Selvatica is doing more expected to please the masses. However, in the interest of fairness, we've included some of the negative or 1-star reviews to touch all bases and bring you a dynamic and fair review round-up.
Selvatica Tour OptionsAt Selvatica there are 4 different tour options.
- The Selvatica Gimme All - this is the longest program. It gives you a mix of activities so you can experience a bit of everything in a full day.
- Round Trip Transportation
- Offroad or ATV Driving
- 10 Zipline circuit
- Aerial Bridges
- Tarzania (roller coaster zip-line)
- SuperFlight (monster zip-lines)
- Swim in a Cenote
- New attraction JUNGLE COASTER
- Light Lunch and Water
- It lasts between 7 to 8 hours approx
To drive must be older than 16 years old and present a valid ID. *
The requirements for the use of zip lines and Aerial bridges maximum waist size is 47 "or 120 cm.
The weight limit for Tarzania is 245 pounds or 110 kg.2. The Extreme Canopy It includes:
- Door to door Shuttle
- 10 Zipline Circuit
- Swim in a Cenote
- Light Lunch and Water
- It lasts between 3 to 4 hours approx
- Door to Door Shuttle
- 10 Zipline circuit
- 7 Aerial Bridges (skywalk)
- Polaris RZR (jungle circuit)
- Swim in a cenote
- Light Lunch and Water.
- It lasts between 3 to 4 hours approx
- To drive you must be 16+ and show a valid ID.
Location of SelvaticaSelvatica is conveniently located halfway between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. A lot closer than other attractions such as Xplor, or Xcaret.
15 HONEST TripAdvisor (Selvatica) Reviews - The Good & Bad[caption id="attachment_2475" align="alignnone" width="799"] selvatica-spring-break-deals[/caption] These unbias, and unedited reviews will hopefully answer all of your queries, and help you to decide whether Selvatica is the right tour for you.
1.Conquering Fears + Enthusiastic GuidesWe all like to push our limits from time to time! A lot of joy can come from just surprising ourselves, and getting outside of our own heads. When you sign-up to something as adrenaline pumping as Selvatica it's absolutely essential you have the right guides on hand to encourage you, reassure you, and explain everything to you in a fun, entertaining, and easy way. (Want to zipline but have a fear of heights? Check out this 5 step guide.) Selvatica has earnt its accolades for its attentive staff, and dedication to making sure safety is their utmost priority.
I pushed myself to sign up for something I would normally not do and I loved it! We were on a company trip to Cancún but I wanted to do something fun with my husband. We signed up for the zip line, Polaris, cenote adventure and each activity was more exhilarating than the last. Though the activities are set in the jungle, the staff and equipment are extremely safe and all instructions are thoroughly explained without being boring. I was extremely impressed with our guide, Andrew as well as all of the staff who sent us off and received us during the zip line portion- I knew I was in perfectly capable hands and they did such a great job guiding us I was able to truly enjoy the incredible views. My husband was like a little kid driving the Polaris, it was excellent terrain- hilly and muddy. Then we cleaned off the mud and cooled off in the gorgeous cenote. Lunch afterward was great and the picture package sold to us was actually a great value. This experience was the highlight of our trip!
2. Personalized Service + No Waiting AroundWhen you pay good money to experience something fun on vacation, one of my pet peeves is dis-organization and waiting around. On TripAdvisor, you will often find that Selvatica is hailed for offering an extremely personalized service that runs like clockwork. As part of a tribe, the tour feels intimate and sincere, with each member encouraging one another. The staff makes it a point to remember each and everyone's name, and the trip is organized so perfectly that there is no waiting around to get on to any of the attractions, whether it's zip-lines, ATVs, or a swim in the cenote.
If you're looking for a place full of fun activities while in cancun STOP right here because Selvatica should be your one and only choice. There's tons of different activities to choose from and the employees are super friendly, courteous, and are ready to make sure you have an amazing time.We booked with our hotel through BD travel and were bunched with another group from other hotels in the surrounding area. (which was fine, everyone was warm and friendly) It was a intimate expedition with no more than 10 people and every single staff member made it a point to remember our names. Andre was our guide through out it all and he was phenomenal! My boyfriend and I choose the Zip lining, ATV, and cenotes swimming package. The package included transportation to and from your hotel to the location and to my surprise lunch (which we did not expect to be so delicious). There's a 400 step walk up to the zip lining course which gives you amazing views of the jungle and gets your heart racing before you take the leap. *There's a link in my bio with footage of our experience if you want to take a look*. Andre and his team members made it a point to give us all the best experience. If you're looking for a fun half day adventure then look no further. Make sure to bring a neck holder/water proof case for your phone if you want to get personal footage, if you don't have one or forget it in your hotel they have some for sell in the gift shop. (which came in handy because we forgot our's at home). They also take professional footage that you can buy as a package filled with video and hundreds of photos for a very reasonable price. We're so glad we went! Thank you Andre, the Selvatica team and BD travel for making this an amazing addition to our trip.
3. Great Business Trip Excursion IdeaComing to Cancun or Playa del Carmen is the perfect location for any business trip. It's complete paradise and just a short few hours on a plane from most places in the U.S. Selvatica is perfect for teams wanting to build trust within their company, to help people explore out of their comfort zone, or to simply just have some fun!
We signed up for the Selvatica extreme canopy excursion through our hotel while staying in Cancun for business. The sign up process was very easy and the transportation was comfortable and the driver was friendly. We wound up ultimately being part of a group of about 30 people of all ages from about 6 to 70 years old. My wife and I had a blast. Our guide, Andrew, was funny and helpful, and we felt very comfortable during the activities. I was amazed at how accommodating the staff was , helping all of the youngest visitors complete the challenges. I would do this again in a heartbeat!!! My only regret is that I didn’t sign up for the full day ATV excursion!!!!
4. Good Value For MoneyLet's be honest, vacations are super expensive! Flights, hotels, and by the time you get to tours your bank account has taken quite a hit. Often tours are the highlight of the trip so it's important you choose the right one. A common theme throughout TripAdvisor reviews is that the Selvatica Tour is great value for money given everything that is included.
Very thrifty when I spend money. I like to get the value of my hard work and rarely do I spend money on adventure spending for the fact I normally leave disappointed. This was our first trip to Mexico and I was very worried about booking an adventure online and getting ripped off. Not the Case here in anyway. There is a reason this company gets such high reviews. They work hard, but make it look easy to ensure you have a great time. I needed this vacation Thank You for making it memorable.
5. Gimmie All + Different PackagesSelvatica has a range of different options to suit different people. As I detailed earlier there are four different programs to choose from. At Selvatica you are part of a small tribe and the day will run like clockwork. Everything is organized seamlessly from start to finish, so you won't be waiting around or left wondering what is coming next.
We really enjoyed our day at Selvatica. We did the "Gimme All" package and really enjoyed the variety of experiences. The staff was hilarious but also really professional when it came to the nuts & bolts of all the different activities. I was especially impressed with the efficiency and organization throughout the program. The logistical challenges of moving large groups of diverse participants through a high number of activities quickly and safely are myriad, but the hardworking guides made it all happen seamlessly. My family of four enjoyed every activity and we'd definitely recommend the experience to anyone traveling to this area. Thanks, jungle citizens!
6. Eco-Conscious / Seed of Life ProgramOne thing I really love about Selvatica is the attractions eco-consciousness. Selvatica has a social commitment program called “Seed of Life”. It's simple they put a tree seed in an expired Selvatica helmet. Then they plant that helmet into the ground and let nature take care of the rest. What started out as a simple project has ballooned into a major movement. Today, Selvatica’s “seed of life” tree-planting program has planted over 300,000 oxygen-releasing trees! That has shrunk the carbon footprint by an eye-popping 7.8 million tons!
This is a combination tour that features a fantastic zip line (I believe there were 8 platforms and the longest run had to be over a quarter mile). But, it's an opportunity to swim, or zipline dive, into a cenote, which is an experience many tourists never get. We didn't do the ATV part of the tour due to time, but the people that did it thought it, too, was exciting. All this is followed by a traditional lunch much like the typical campesino in Mexicco has for special occasions. Let me close by translating Selva tica for you: it's really two words as you can see. Selva is 'jungle', tica is a tricky word that best translates as 'ethics'. In other words, Selvatica is dedicated to being ethical, i.e. caring, in our use of the precious resource of rainforest jungles....how about that, take a picture!
7. Breathtaking Scenery + Highlight of The TripSometimes when you head to places like Cancun it's easier to become mesmerized by the impressive buildings that dominate the coastline. However, the region is encapsulated by lush Mayan tropical jungles that house many fascinating secrets just waiting to be uncovered. Soak up unique and incredible views at Selvatica. Thank you to the wonderful team at Selvatica for giving me the HIGHLIGHT of my Mexican holiday! Breathtaking scenery, phenomenal staff and an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. I have already told my family, friends and work colleagues about my experience with you, so expect to see a lot more Aussies zipping through the trees! Thanks again team - I CAN'T RECOMMEND THIS HIGHLY ENOUGH!
Areas for ImprovementAs I detailed earlier Selvatica's reviews are largely raving, however, in the interest of fairness I've included a few reviews that mention areas for improvement that were added over the past few months just so that you can go prepared and avoid any unexpected surprises.
8. Souvenir PricingPricing of souvenirs was something that disgruntled one customer as they were unaware of how pricey memoirs of their adventure would be. It's good to know things like this before you go so you can either take your own camera (GoPro) or so customers can go prepared with extra cash to avoid any unexpected surprises. I recently learned that the pictures are often so expensive because the photographers who work for attractions similar to Selvatica don't get paid a regular salary and therefore have to make their money solely on the content they produce. All of the tourist attractions in the region are exactly the same, and in the big scheme of things, it's a small price to pay for memories that will last a lifetime.
I booked the ATV tour directly on the Selvatica Website. It cost $89 with their advanced booking discount. The tour is a half day and includes transportation and a little lunch afterwards. Our transport driver was very nice and made us feel comfortable. He was even a little early for our resort pickup! The zip lining was outstanding. I was extremely impressed by the staff experience and the safety techniques used. There are 10 zip lines and are super fun. The ATVs were fun. The cenote was not that great. We have swam in better (Chaak tun) but it was nice that it was included I guess. We did the glide that dropped into the water which was neat. We brought water shoes for the whole tour which worked great. The reason I did not rate this a 5: locker rental of $12 was too expensive. We were offered a digital photos disk of the excursion for $79. This pricing is ridiculous. All I wanted was to purchase 1 photo and they wouldn’t do it. That part was extremely disappointing. I did attach a wristlet to my phone to get some pictures — so happy I did.
9. Locker RentalIt's good to know before you visit that the lockers do cost extra so you can go prepared and take some extra cash!
Very good zip lining. The cenote was awesome too. However the only nagitive thing about this experience is that I find the lockers are over priced. They charge 12 USD for one locker. You have to buy a locker if you zip line because your not allowed to carry anything or have anything in your pockets. I feel like they should offer a free storage option during the zip lining event. Other zip lining companies do thing. Like the one my brother was on in Hawaii.
10. Understanding the Braking SystemIf your scared of heights to begin with taking in the safety information can be a little terrifying. It's important to know what you are getting yourself in for before you agree to anything. Make sure you ask questions if you don't understand something, and see if they will let you try out using the braking system before giving it a go for real.
Thank goodness they must be used to people freaking out over the heights of zip lining. The group we were with we really excited to go so I was along too. I did one zip on my own and I immediately broke down , it was NOT for me!! I wasn't understanding the whole "stop" motion to break. Anyway, the workers were absolutely awesome and realized I was either taking a ladder down or they were tandem zipping with me. They walked me to the front and I tandem zip lined the rest of the way back. After that we went to a cenote to swim, it was chilly but everyone had a great time. We then went back for lunch and headed home. overall I'm glad I tried it but I will never again!! I think it would've help if instead of showing everyone in the beginning how to break, they have everyone try it. I think I would have had more questions at that point.
11. Not For The Faint-HeartedTravelers should be warned that this adventure tour is NOT for the faint-hearted. Sometime when you're browsing different ideas to do in the area, it's hard to gauge a good grasp of what the day will entail. If the thought of heights terrifies you, then Selvatica is probably not a good idea. However, if you are feeling brave it is the perfect opportunity to conquer your fears.
This park is fantastic! Could not fault anything about the park or the staff. We visited today and no over crowding- small groups. Be warned tho if you are nervous of heights and speed then you will need to think about this. We saw 3 people becoming nervous but the staff handled this wonderfully, enough encouragement but not forcing the issue. Having said this we are a middle aged couple and did everything. The atv experience was fantastic as was the swimming. Worth every penny and the staff are simply amazing. Full of enthusiasm but always always keeping you safe !